Hello Holiday Bliss,
The holidays are a busy time for everyone. Lots of friends, family and food and hopefully lots of laughter. Trying to schedule it all in can cause stress which may make you not as full of joy as you would like. To help you ground yourself and find your inner peace again, why not settle in for a relaxing detox bath at the end of day.
A detox bath is full of benefits:
- Helps you de-stress
- Provide a nice transition from a hectic day to bedtime
- Helps your body remove toxins
- Allows time for meditation and calming your mind
- Provides a great venue for deep breathing.
Peaceful Bliss Bedtime Detox Bath
- 2 cups of Epson salts
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- Start to fill a tub with warm water.
- Add the Epson salts, baking soda and lavender essential oil.
- Finish filling the tub to the desire level you like to soak in.
- Before the bath starts, visualize yourself in a calm state.
- Soak for 20 minutes and let the day’s stresses melt away.
- Take 20 minutes, 3 times a week to have a detox bath in the evening to let go of the daily stress.
- Follow immediately with preparing for bed. Avoid checking emails, doing chores or anything else that might stimulate.
- Plan to get 8 hours of sleep each night to assist with detox.
- If you have a cold or feel one beginning, use Eucalyptus essential oil instead of Lavender essential oil.
May you feel inner peace and gratitude for your amazing life.
To finding joy in simple things,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner