Hi Salad Lovers,
Last week I had a few mangoes starring me down on my kitchen counter. They looked great in the store and I knew I could make a green mango salad or a mango lassi with them but as usual I got busy and neither idea happened immediately. Now the mangoes were perfectly ripe and had to be used. So I decided to use one in a salad dressing which also lead to a new salad creation- Daikon Radish and The Missing Mango Salad. The moment my adult son got home from work, he noticed the mango was gone – apparently he had been dreaming of a mango smoothie and was disappointed it was gone. That is until he tasted the dressing and salad I made.
Today I will share the dressing that goes with my new salad creation.
“Who Took My Mango” Dressing
- 3 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp cold pressed sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp organic miso
- 3 tsp gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 1/2 organic lime (1/4 with peel on, 1/4 peel and pith removed)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Place all ingredients into a high speed blender (Vitamix).
- Turn on slow, move to high and give it a power boost to ensure the mange and lime are fully blended.
- You may need to add more orange juice to smooth out the dressing depending on the size of your mango and lime.
- This makes a thick dressing which is ideal for a cucumber based salad that is high in water content.
- Add to Daikon Radish and The Missing Mango Salad and mix thoroughly before serving.
- Store remaining dressing in a mason jar with lid and store in fridge.
Tip: I added some Vegenaise and Organic Apple Cider Vinegar to the remaining dressing a few days later and added it to some curly kale bite-sized segments and massaged the dressing in. I then added a minced yellow pepper and diced carrot for colour and texture. Let me say, that salad was a hit with the family too.
May your mangoes find new ways to be enjoyed.
To mango madness,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner