Hi mid-morning snackers,
I have been trying to add more ideas to my morning routine. I have noticed that with the cooler weather, I am not eating the same amount of vegetables and a little too often I am going for the starch (rice cake or rice cracker) so I have made an effort to rotate my food choices more and recommit to more than 6 cups of veggies a day. I was eating 6 cups of veggies, but I know I feel the best when I increase it even more.
This simple plate of hummus, red peppers and carrots is like a plate of sunshine on a cool day. The colours are so warm and the taste is sweet and flavourful.
Spicy Hummus and Veggies
- 1 organic red pepper – cut into bit size pieces
- 1 cup organic mini carrots
- 1/2 cup Spicy Hummus
- Cut and remove seeds and stem from the pepper and cut into bit size pieces (for dipping once)
- Open a bag of mini carrots and serve yourself
- Put some hummus in a small dish for individual serving and dipping
- Arrange on a plate
- Arrange your plate artfully so your senses are excited about eating.
- Be mindful and fully aware of what you are eating so you start your digestive juices.
- Be sure to chew really well to assist with digestion.
- Remove distractions while eating (no TV, tablets or phones).
- Enjoy the company of others or rejoice in your own company – be happy.
- Avoid drinking while eating so your digestive juices can work undiluted on your food.
- Eat when you are hungry but not starving.
May your day be filled new, colourful and tasty food choices.
To increasing your veggies,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner