Hi 9CupChallenge followers,
I have a full post all about juicing called Getting all juiced up! I have been tweaking my juice recipe a bit so here is my what I usually make each morning so I can share a serving with my hubby in the morning and still have one for me later in the day. When he starts asking for a serving later in the day, I will increase the amounts.
A quick note on getting your family on this program – let them ask to be involved – don’t push it on them. When they are ready they will ask.
Here is what I add to my GREEN juice to start my daily 9CupChallenge
9CupChallenge Green Juice
- 2 stalks of organic celery
- 1 organic carrot
- 6 stems of organic curly parsley
- 2 stems of organic cilantro
- 1 handful of organic baby spinach
- 2 leaves of organic curly kale
- 2 leaves of organic black kale
- 1 inch of organic ginger
- 1 organic Bartlet or Bosc pear
- 1 full English cucumber (I buy conventional and peel it if I remember or have time)
- 1/2 inch of aloe vera leaf – green removed – I use only the clear part
Not every day is the same as I may run out of ingredients and substitute an apple for a pear, or romaine for spinach, or only add one type of kale. Get creative and try different combinations. I often forget the aloe and them make myself eat it – a bitter taste by itself but it is very healing to your intestines however it is a lot better when it is in the green juice than by itself.
May your day be filled with 6 cups of veggies and 3 cups of fruit to get you on your path to wellness. Green juice is a great way to start your day.
To a wonderful start to your day,
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner