Hi salad lovers,
This past weekend I was determined to try new foods. I needed to break out of my preset routine of foods and wanted to add some new food flavours and new tastes to my “I can eat this” list. I bought a couple of raw cookbooks and watched a few videos and then used what I had on hand to make a few new foods. The next couple of days will feature some of the items I made.
I made this dressing and have used it on several salads and it also tastes great with brown rice.
Asian Miso Orange Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup miso (I used my fav or try white for a lighter flavour)
- 1 orange – skin cut off (not peeled – you want the membranes to show)
- 1/4 cup flax seed oil
- 1 inch ginger – peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp gluten-free tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil – cold pressed
- 2 tbsp filtered water
- In a high-end blender, add the miso
- Cut the peel including and pith off the orange. Cut in half and remove any seeds
- Add both orange halves to blender
- Add the flax oil
- Blend and combine
- Add the ginger, tamari and sesame oil to blender
- Combine until thoroughly mixed
- Pour onto salad
- Store remaining dressing in a glass jar with lid.
- Store in fridge. Keeps for 4 days.
- I added some filtered water to my dressing after a day in the fridge as it seemed to thicken
- You can substitute the orange and water in the recipe with 1 cup of orange juice
- I have not tested this on an ordinary blender, just my Vitamix. You may want to use orange juice instead of the orange if you have an ordinary blender.
May you break out of your same foods and try a new food today.
To experimenting with food,
Jo, your 9CupChallenge partner