Hi green cleaners,
As part of your wellness journey you will want to start to reduce the toxic cleaning supplies in your home. I have been using this cleaning solution for about 3 years and it works really well.
- 1 tbsp of dish soap
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 5 drops of Tea Tree oil.
- Water to form a thick paste
- Add dish soap, baking soda and tea tree oil to a portable container
- Using a fork to mix, add water to form a thick paste.
- Use as a cleaner
The combination works well as the soap cuts the grease and soap scum, the baking soda is provides scrubbing agent and the Tea Tree oil is a natural antiseptic. The baking soda will leave a bit of a light film if you do not rinse well.
- This solution is great for bathroom sinks, tubs and showers along with kitchen sink and stove tops.
- Clean your bathroom weekly – if you do it often the cleaning takes less time and the germs don’t get a chance to build up
- Use a squeegee to remove the water from the walls in the shower after each shower. It keeps your grout from degrading and helps to ensure you don’t get mould build up.
- Using two clean old cloth diapers to clean with works well. Use one as the wet cloth for cleaning and the keep the other one dry for polishing your bathroom faucets.
- Baking soda with a bit of water also works great to remove stains off walls and counters.
May your bathroom shine clean, while you leave some green in your wallet.
To your wellness journey,
Jo, your 9CupChallenge partner