This summer I made many versions of sprout salad. This is the one that I make most often.
I have gone a bit deeper into the materials/ingredients I use so you know what to shop for if you decide to make this salad yourself. I purchased all the ingredients at Organic Garage with the exception of my cucumber, Dijon mustard, and olive oil.
I served this salad up to friends and they all loved it so in honour of my friends who supported me this summer, here it is for you to make.
Friends Sprout Salad
- 1/4 cup organic Nutty Sprout Mix
- 1/2 cup organic Big Crunch
- 1 cup organic Sunflower Greens
- 2 cups organic Bean Sprouts
- 3/4 cup organic Pea Shoots
- 1 cup organic shredded carrots
- 2 radishes (I used Easter Egg variety)
- 1/3 English cucumber
- 2/3 cup olive oil (cold pressed)
- 1/3 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- In either a mixing bowl or your final serving bowl add the nutty sprout mix, big crunch, sunflower greens, bean sprouts, pea shoots and carrots.
- With kitchen scissors, cut the sprouts up into manageable pieces – about an inch (2.5 cm)
- The salad will be tossed by the time you finish cutting
- On a cutting board, quarter the radish and slice into small pieces
- On a cutting board, quarter the cucumber and sliced into small pieces
- Add the radish and cucumber into the sprout mix
- Toss the salad
- Assemble the dressing in a mason jar, seal with a lid and shake.
- Pour 50% of the dressing on the sprout salad.
- Toss salad
- If you need more dressing, add it a small bit at a time to taste. Save remaining dressing for a green salad.
- Serves 4.
Serve with Quinoa for protein and Tomato Vegetable Soup
Here are a few pictures to assist with the recipe (Starts at the bottom and finishes at the top).