Hi Time Savers,
Want to save time in the your morning juice fest?
Here are some tips that I do that help me. Yes it takes time to do it upfront but trust me, if you can shave 5-10 minutes off your morning juice routine for 5-10 minutes of sleep you will be happier and more rested. And your friends and family will like your big smile.
First Step is when you arrive home with your groceries before you put them into the fridge:
- Wash everything when you get home from the grocery store
- Put your herbs in a glass or these cool holders to keep them fresh longer
- Make up juice bags.
Juice bags – what is that? Let me explain.
I like to prep a few days worth of juicer ingredients so all I have to do is grab a bag of ingredients and juice away. Here is what is involved:
- Wash and scrub your carrots, take off the top and bottom
- Rinse your celery, cut off any brown
- Take the bottom stem off any broccoli that you purchased, rinse
- Take the plastic off your English cucumber, peel if needed
- Cut 1/2 -1 inch of ginger, trim off any brown dried areas, peel if needed
- Cut up some of the veggies to fit in the juicer – celery, carrots, cucumber – just cut into three inch sections
- Get large Ziploc freeze bags ready by opening them up to take in the goodness
- Take a handful of spinach or romaine and add to bag
- Take your 3 stems of rinsed curly parsley and add to bag
- Take your 2 stems rinsed cilantro and add to bag
- Add your 2 leaves of curley kale
- Add your 2 leaves of black kale
- Add your cut carrots, celery, cucumber, ginger
- Add your pear. This I leave whole until juice day when I section and take the seeds out. It will brown and go mushy if you do it before.
- Take the air out of your juice bag and seal closed
- Pop in the fridge until you need it.
I typically do a few days worth. So on a Sunday afternoon after groceries, I do up 3 juice bags so I can quickly do juice Monday to Wednesday. Wednesday evening I do my juice bags for Thursday to Saturday. Sunday is my get creative with juicing day where I use ingredients in the fridge so I practice my empty fridge strategy to grocery shopping.
An advantage to juice bags is that you know your ingredients are ready for you when you need them. For anyone who shares a fridge with your family or room-mates, having “your” food available when you need it is a big deal. Your juice bags should be safe – provided you communicated to everyone that they are your “GREEN power bags” and hands off.
A few other morning time savers
- Filter your water the night before
- Fill your kettle up ready for action to make your “lemon hydration“
- Set out your mug
- Pre cut your lemon ready to squeeze in the morning (keep in fridge once cut)
- Get your juicer out, along with your jar and lid and other tools to prepare your juice fest.
- Make your lunch the night before
- If you are really strapped for time, leave the dirty juicer parts in the sink totally covered in soapy water. Wash when your return home.
- Preselect what you plan to wear the night before.
- Get dressed after your juice fest
Finally, in your rush, please breathe and practice gratitude. All this goodness you are adding needs oxygen and good vibrations. Tell yourself that you are amazing and doing great things for your wellness. And smile. You will be amazed by how many people will smile back and how kindness comes your way.
I hope you find these time savers useful. Let me know if you have other ideas.
Cheers to you as you make GREEN juice a daily habit.
Jo-Ann Blondin, your 9CupChallenge partner